Thursday, September 29, 2011

I am (the one who illustrated) Spartacus!

I'm thrilled that my first book is finished and the release date is currently set for Oct 26th!  October has always been my favorite month and this year it's just extra awesomesauce.

The book is called Spartacus and the Circus of Shadows and it was written by Molly E Johnson (another lady with a middle 'E'!) who actually lives in my neighborhood due to pure serendipity.  I can't wait to meet her!  The book is your average boy-runs-away-from-home-to-rescue-his-mom-from-an-possibly-evil-circus story, and is even funnier than that sounds.  I illustrated black and white frontspieces for each chapter as well as painted the cover.

If you're going to WordStock, check out Raintown Press' table for some cool giveaway like these:  http://yfrog.com/hwbtdcj

Here's the cover so you can check out how great this thing is going to be:



Read more about the book and I'll keep you posted on Spartacus-related events and book signings!

No comments:

Post a Comment